- The AICPA’s Auditing Standards Board (ASB) is expected to vote on issuing a final standard for audits of benefit plan financial statements covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) at its next meeting. The planned standard is intended to help auditors better understand their responsibilities and provide plan sponsors and participants, Department of Labor (DOL) officials, and others with more information about what auditors do in examining the financial statements of benefit plans governed by ERISA.
- CMS announced it exceeded its 90 percent participation goal for 2017 Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) reporting. Learn more.
- The current landscape in the insurance industry offers traditional insurers and InsurTechs a prime opportunity to provide enhanced customer experiences, new insurance offerings and streamlined processes.
- South Carolina became the first state to adopt the NAIC Insurance Data Security Model Law, requiring all insurance organizations licensed in the state to be subject to the new regulation.
- Reporting requirements for various life insurance contract transactions require significant changes as a result of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA).
- Previous Next