- The Surface Transportation and Veterans Health Care Choice Improvement Act of 2015 (the Act), signed into law July 31, 2015, modified several tax provisions.
- A study of family owned businesses conducted by Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP and Baker Tilly International indicates that the majority of US family business owners are not succession-ready.
- Understanding the complicated rules of retirement distribution planning can prevent missteps and help preserve significant portion of an individual’s assets.
- The IRS released new rules in the form of regulations for NFP hospitals. These rules mandated by the Affordable Care Act are mandatory for NFP hospitals in order to maintain their not-for-profit 501(c) (3) status.
- Through researching alternative depreciation methods and applying specialized tax knowledge, Baker Tilly determined that our client, a trust with an 33 percent ownership investment in a local restaurant, could capitalize on a substantial cost-saving 179 deduction that is typically disallowed by trusts.
- Previous Next