- We are pleased to have the opportunity to provide feedback to the Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) with respect to the Private Company Council (PCC). At Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) we have strong support for the PCC and its efforts to date in improving financial reporting for the users of private company financial statements.
- The US Department of Labor (DOL) issued a report on its inspection of 2011 employee benefit plan audits, Assessing the Quality of Employee Benefit Plan Audits. The report is quite troubling as the DOL found a deficiency rate that is too high for such an important element of the system to protect participants in employee benefit plans.
- In a recent Baker Tilly and ACUA webinar, titled “Adventures in Small Shop Auditing,” Baker Tilly advisors discussed auditing tools, techniques, and case studies tailored to small audit shops that covered topics including enterprise risk management (ERM), information technology (IT), and sponsored research.
- Baker Tilly's insurance industry specialists discuss if captive insurance companies could be a solution for your organization.
- Cost shifting is the unauthorized transfer of costs from non-reimbursable cost centers to reimbursable cost centers. Reallocated costs are the authorized repurposing of budget dollars resulting from advantageous purchasing practices or efficient delivery of construction services.
- Previous Next