- Colleges and universities are facing heightened scrutiny over governance practices in the wake of increasing regulatory oversight, economic uncertainty, high-profile scandals, and violent crimes.
- The 2014 Digital Accountability & Transparency Act (DATA Act) is creating government-wide standards for financial data, and expanding what data needs to be published on usaspending.gov.
- Baker Tilly provides a blueprint. Institutional data improved through control tests and reviews.
- De-risking strategies in pension plans are currently much discussed by corporate management and pension plan fiduciaries. These strategies may include adopting a liability driven investment (LDI) strategy or purchasing participating annuity contracts (buy-in contracts) on the asset side to decrease volatility and manage cash flow.
- Higher education institutions face increasing demands to change their business models. Top of mind for government officials, administrators, parents, and students is the need to reduce the cost of a degree and the amount of student debt. At the same time, students are coming to college with higher expectations and greater needs.
- Previous Next