- There were 284 reported M&A transactions that closed during the third quarter of 2017 (Q3-2017), up from 277 transactions during the previous quarter. Reported closed transactions in Q3-2017 decreased 27.4 percent compared to 391 closed deals for the same period in 2016.
- The behavioral health industry has seen growing consolidation as strategic and financial buyers seek to capitalize on significant industry fragmentation and demand that currently outstrips supply.
- Baker Tilly Capital, LLC's life sciences M&A newsletter provides an overview of the U.S. medical devices and products, pharmaceutical (pharma) and pharma outsourced services sectors, including recent performance and M&A trends.
- The second quarter of 2017 showed positive performance for the broader U.S. equity market, as the S&P, DJIA and NASDAQ closed up 2.6 percent, 3.3 percent and 3.9 percent, respectively, for the quarter.
- A nationally recognized specialty veterinary hospital approached Baker Tilly Capital seeking to recapitalize the business to accomplish its strategic objectives.