- Techniques of hacktavists, organized crime, and foreign governments are inevitably producing data breaches that are more complex and impactful. Learn how forensic accounting can connect the dots in data breach cases.
- Explore the costs, methods, penetrators, and victims of occupational fraud.
- In a recent case involving securities fraud and breach of contract claims, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit found that the lower court’s standard for reliability on Daubert grounds was too high; a plaintiff need not demonstrate by a preponderance of the evidence that the expert’s opinions are correct — just reliable. This article explains the court’s distinction between “typical” and “nontypical” securities fraud cases and how it made a difference in this case.
- The procurement process is a critical institution support function that ensures students and professors have the resources they need to complete their work. A key goal of procurement management is to ensure that goods and services are purchased in a fair and transparent manner.
- Organizations worldwide lose an estimated five percent of their annual revenues to fraud. One of the easiest fraud schemes an employee can perpetrate is an expense reimbursement scheme.
- Previous Next