- Prior to the closing of the deal, certain outside directors were indicted by the US government and charged with numerous counts of fraud, misappropriation of assets, and obstruction of justice, as well as other charges related to business dealings outside of the bank. Baker Tilly was engaged to help determine the degree of involvement and influence the subject directors may have had on the bank’s operations and financial condition.
- Baker Tilly helps counsel for the buyer to quantify the lost profits associated with an alleged breach of the non-compete provision following an acquisition.
- Because fraud inherently involves efforts of concealment, many cases will never be detected. Therefore, organizations are encouraged to implement certain anti-fraud internal controls, in order to lessen the opportunities to commit fraud.
- Loans made by the investor were repaid by offsetting them against the investor’s obligations to the company. Baker Tilly expert analysis established that the loans were properly offset and the trustee settled the case.
- One of the largest firms in the country abruptly decided to liquidate, leaving retired partners in with more than $20 million in unfunded pension payments due. Baker Tilly forensic investigation and valuation services supported the trustee’s recovery through various settlements and adversary actions.
- Previous Next