- The prospect for international tax reform moves closer with the 14 percent repatriation tax rate proposal introduced in President Obama's 2016 Budget.
- 2014 M&A activity in the food and beverage sector had another strong year in terms of both deal volume and value for the US and Canadian markets. Deal volume was in line with prior year at 564 transactions, while deal value was up 56 percent to $98 billion due to the closing of several mega-deals.
- In 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued eighteen Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs). There are several major areas expected to be updated in 2015, including leases, disclosure framework, and accounting for financial instruments. To help you review the most recent updates, links are provided to the detailed FASB information for each of the 2014 ASUs.
- A round-up of some of the more meaningful developments in unclaimed property in 2014.
- Year-end planning and compliance for payroll and employment taxes are complex and overwhelming. Controllers, CFOs, CPAs, HR associates, and other financial and operational resources in every organization are faced with managing reporting requirements and timelines and staying current on ever-changing regulations.
- Previous Next