- We welcome the opportunity to provide feedback to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) in connection with the Enhancing Audit Quality Initiative (EAQI). Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Baker Tilly) is committed to audit quality and believes the delivery of high quality audits not only serves the public trust but enhances the value that we provide to our clients.
- Understand common issues and challenges organizations are encountering in implementation of SSAP No. 101.
- More punitive regulatory approach raises financial statement audit scrutiny: In the aftermath of the Great Recession, regulators have turned dramatically to a far more punitive approach in dealing with actual and alleged instances of noncompliance with laws and regulations by financial institutions. The increased presence of significant financial consequences, brings into greater light a financial statement auditing standard that previously had infrequent application and limited effect on the financial condition and results of reporting companies’ operations.
- If your institution expends more than $500,000 (increasing to $750,000 come December 26, 2014), in general funds of awards per year, you must submit to a single audit, more commonly known as the OMB Circular A-133 Audit on an annual basis. Many view the A-133 audit as a “necessary evil” – something that has to be done in order for your institution to receive the research funding. In this article we outline tips for taking back control of your next A-133 audit.”
- Have you ever found where another department in your government has opened its own bank account?
- Previous Next