- Baker Tilly and Collins Barrow international tax specialists discuss the tax, legal, and personal financial planning challenges when moving to or from the US and Canada.
- Following the King v. Burwell decision, where the Supreme Court ruled taxpayers who purchase health insurance on a federal healthcare marketplace exchange (federal exchange) are entitled to subsidized premium credits, we want to remind you of a few key Affordable Care Act (ACA) items. These reminders are even more important as Congress recently raised the penalty amounts for failure to properly report the required information.
- The Canadian and the US governments have long persuaded businesses to set up local operations by offering tax credits and other incentives.
- With the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) now in full swing, both US and foreign taxpayers are being asked about their FATCA status. Foreign financial institutions (FFIs) generally have to comply with the withholding, reporting, and due diligence requirements of FATCA if they receive US source income.
- Baker Tilly and Winthrop & Weinstine co-hosted a webinar that provided an overview of real estate investment trust (REIT) fundamentals. The REIT framework allows developers a tax-efficient structure that can drive investor value while providing regular income streams.
- Previous Next