- The IRS issues new guidelines, making it easier for businesses to claim R&D credits.
- A recent current ruling concurred with the IRS that all of a general partner’s share of income is subject to self-employment taxes.
- This webinar is designed to provide an overview of the latest healthcare reform rules for individuals in the public sector.
- Baker Tilly specialists discuss the recent changes pertaining to the Affordable Care Act Section 4980H-Pay or Play requirements and outline steps to evaluate healthcare coverage for your employees.
- The issue of whether valuators should “tax-affect” an S corporation’s earnings — that is, reduce earnings by an assumed corporate tax rate — continues to be controversial. The U.S. Tax Court rejected the practice in 1999, claiming that tax-affecting was inappropriate in valuing an S corporation. But in recent years several courts have embraced the concept, choosing a middle ground that better reflects an S corporation’s value. This article looks at a couple of recent cases, while a sidebar indicates that the Tax Court might revisit tax-affecting if the right case comes along.
- Previous Next