- Recent activity by regulators shows an increased focus on cybersecurity in the insurance industry. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has published its Principles for Effective Cybersecurity Insurance Regulatory Guidance. In addition, the New York Department of Financial Services (NY DFS) recently released guidance for New York insurance organizations with their Report on Cybersecurity in the Insurance Sector.
- Within the last several months, two significant insurance organizations have announced greater involvement in initiatives to reduce cybersecurity risk throughout the insurance industry. The New York State Department of Financial Services (NY DFS) released the results of its survey on cybersecurity practices and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) recently adopted a set of cybersecurity regulatory principles.
- Baker Tilly's insurance industry specialists discuss if captive insurance companies could be a solution for your organization.
- On March 26, Superintendent Benjamin Lawsky of the New York Department of Financial Services (NY DFS) issued a letter spelling out a requirement for insurers to provide information related to their cybersecurity programs by April 27. The letter states that the information requested will be used to perform a risk assessment for future inspection activities. The short response time may indicate the great sense of urgency and importance that the State of New York is placing on this initiative.
- How housing is financed has changed significantly in the seven years since the mortgage crisis, from tighter regulation and increased oversight to shifts in housing needs and our country’s cultural dynamics. What role do banks, local not-for-profits, and individuals play in the ever evolving mortgage and housing markets?
- Previous Next