- Understand the framework underlying a SOC 2 report and learn what principles your organization should have examined.
- A SOC 2 report is an independent examination of a service organization’s controls over its system’s security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy.
- The IRS has recently increased its audits of employer 401(k) plans. Rather than wait for an audit, plan administrators should proactively consider potential issues and take any necessary corrective measures. The following is a brief rundown of what the IRS will request at the outset of an audit, as well as a non-comprehensive list of issues commonly scrutinized by the IRS during a 401(k) plan audit.
- Many tax-exempt organizations and employee benefit plans, such as pensions, IRAs and retirement plans, are attracted to hedge or private equity funds (Funds) as a method of realizing above-average returns on investments. Since related function or passive income is exempt from federal income tax, and many hedge or private equity investments are passive to the tax-exempt, most income generated from these entities can be generated free of federal and state income tax.
- De-risking strategies in pension plans are currently much discussed by corporate management and pension plan fiduciaries. These strategies may include adopting a liability driven investment (LDI) strategy or purchasing participating annuity contracts (buy-in contracts) on the asset side to decrease volatility and manage cash flow.
- Previous Next