- The effectiveness of dealership management contributes to the overall profitability of the store. A key player in the management team is the office manager. In addition to having the responsibility of preparing a monthly financial statement by the tenth of the month, there are several other areas where a well-trained office manager can enhance your bottom line.
- On a quarterly basis, Baker Tilly conducts a benchmarking study of auto dealerships. Respondents to the most recent study were primarily dealerships located in the Upper Midwest. This whitepaper summarizes key data as of and for the two quarters ended June 30, 2014, with comparisons to the same period in 2013 and to the quarter ended March 31, 2014.
- Baker Tilly state and local tax specialists discuss the risks and challenges businesses are facing in today’s tax environment.
- On May 9, 2014, the IRS Office of Chief Counsel issued a memorandum discussing the tax treatment for payments that auto dealerships receive from manufacturers from facility image upgrade programs.
- Thanks to the Internet, today’s car buyers are far more informed when they walk through the door than they once were. More preparatory online research has resulted in fewer dealership visits — while greater knowledge of a given car, including the cost to the dealership, creates reduced negotiating leverage for the dealer, who may find it harder to maintain the same profit levels as in the past. This article notes that adapting to these changes may result in changes to sales tactics, compensation models and marketing strategies. A sidebar offers a few statistics about today’s car buyer.
- Previous Next