- In 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued eighteen Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs). There are several major areas expected to be updated in 2015, including leases, disclosure framework, and accounting for financial instruments. To help you review the most recent updates, links are provided to the detailed FASB information for each of the 2014 ASUs.
- Baker Tilly’s dealership services team of tax professionals compiled a list of dealer-specific tax considerations below. Please keep in mind that your goal should be to maximize your long-term wealth and profitability; decisions on tax policy are secondary considerations to this goal.
- On a quarterly basis, Baker Tilly conducts a benchmarking study of auto dealerships. Respondents to the most recent study were primarily dealerships located in the Upper Midwest. This whitepaper summarizes key data as of and for the three quarters ended September 30, 2014, with comparisons to the same period in 2013 and to the quarter ended June 30, 2014.
- Do you feel uncertain about forecasting your dealership’s financial performance for the coming year and setting a budget? With unknown factors in the mix, having misgivings is understandable. But there’s a way to lay solid groundwork for your 2015 financial planning, and it involves analyzing your financial performance in 2014.
- Dealers who flinch each year before their annual audit, or who think of the process as something that will significantly interfere with their work for days at a time, should think again. An audit doesn’t have to be a time-draining or stressful experience for those who are prepared. This article discusses how to anticipate auditors’ requests and learn from the management points they present at the end of an engagement. It also provides tips for preparing for the auditors’ physical inspection of inventory, and why it’s important to discuss with them the best inventory method to use.
- Previous Next