- SEC Chairman Jay Clayton said the SEC will host a roundtable to discuss whether the commission’s proxy rules should be updated to better reflect today’s capital market environment. The agency will shortly announce the details of the roundtable which are currently being finalized.
- Learn about governmental accounting standards as of second quarter 2018 that may impact your public utility and resources that can assist you in implementing the new standards.
- The Center for Audit Quality published a guide to explain the PCAOB’s auditor reporting requirements. The guide is intended to help investors and audit committees better understand the requirements for auditors to describe critical audit matters (CAMs) in their reports.
- The SEC’s rule that requires public companies to embed eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) data tags directly into their financial statements may improve the reliability and consistency of financial information in an interactive format. But the lack of an audit requirement for the XBRL tags may limit the information’s value for investors.
- Wisconsin's new law may make unclaimed property audits less aggressive for holders, but might also signal a ramping up of these types of audits.
- Previous Next