- A large, third generation family holding company, which faced capital constraints due to a cyclical downturn, hired Baker Tilly Capital to provide a valuation of the company and strategic alternatives for the future.
- A digital advertising agency hired Baker Tilly Capital to provide a valuation and conduct a fairness opinion in connection with a freeze-out merger from the company's largest investor and controlling shareholder.
- An e-commerce company hired Baker Tilly Capital to review and analyze competing financing and recapitalization proposals, with the intent of providing a fairness opinion.
- A privately held specialty pharmaceutical company hired Baker Tilly Capital to advise on the value of the company, while also reviewing strategic alternatives the company could pursue.
- The first quarter of 2017 showed positive performance for the broader U.S. equity market, as the S&P, DJIA and NASDAQ closed up 5.5 percent, 4.6 percent and 9.8 percent, respectively, for the quarter.