- On April 1, 2015, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) voted to propose a one-year deferral of the effective date of the new revenue recognition standard, Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606), for both public and private entities.
- In the accounting profession, the war for top talent is in full force. Follow these eight tips to get the most out of your recruitment dollars.
- In 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued eighteen Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs). There are several major areas expected to be updated in 2015, including leases, disclosure framework, and accounting for financial instruments. To help you review the most recent updates, links are provided to the detailed FASB information for each of the 2014 ASUs.
- Year-end planning and compliance for payroll and employment taxes are complex and overwhelming. Controllers, CFOs, CPAs, HR associates, and other financial and operational resources in every organization are faced with managing reporting requirements and timelines and staying current on ever-changing regulations.
- The election not to deduct additional first year (bonus) depreciation must be made on a timely filed federal tax return; however, under certain circumstances the IRS may allow relief.
- Previous Next