- Baker Tilly's insurance industry specialists discuss if captive insurance companies could be a solution for your organization.
- If you hear a commercial about your health that catches your attention, you probably call your doctor. After all, your health is very important. Right? Now think of this article as a commercial for the “health” of your business taxes. How much thought are you giving to that? Whether you realize it or not, even though the economic environment is improving, federal, state and local governments are scrambling to find additional tax revenue in order to minimize their budget deficits. As such, they have stepped up audit enforcement to try to capture more tax revenue. This article contains areas you should perform a “tax physical” on to see if they are in general good tax health.
- Cost shifting is the unauthorized transfer of costs from non-reimbursable cost centers to reimbursable cost centers. Reallocated costs are the authorized repurposing of budget dollars resulting from advantageous purchasing practices or efficient delivery of construction services.
- Baker Tilly helps counsel for the buyer to quantify the lost profits associated with an alleged breach of the non-compete provision following an acquisition.
- On April 1, 2015, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) voted to propose a one-year deferral of the effective date of the new revenue recognition standard, Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606), for both public and private entities.
- Previous Next