- The analysis of case law surrounding the challenges to lost profits claims involving new businesses does not establish any hard and fast rules.
- The role of a damages expert is not always clear. In many matters, the damages expert may be asked to assume that a causal linkage between the liability issues and damages exists.
- Case law demonstrates that reliance on client supplied information is frequently an issue subject to challenge in litigation.
- Reasonably certain damages analyses ensures the analyses are anchored in facts, use sound methodologies, and yield reasonable results.
- Benefits of utilizing forensic accountants include drafting discovery, enhancing investigations and offering expert testimony.
- Previous Next