- The Surface Transportation and Veterans Health Care Choice Improvement Act of 2015 (the Act), signed into law July 31, 2015, modified several tax provisions.
- The AICPA recently released an exposure draft of the proposed revisions to the Trust Services Principles and Criteria. The most significant change in the proposed revisions is the integration of the privacy principles and criteria into the common criteria.
- US Supreme Court announces Affordable Care Act decision that taxpayers who purchase health insurance on a federal healthcare marketplace exchange are entitled to subsidized premium credits.
- Since the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) issued its Internal Control — Integrated Framework (2013 Framework) in May 2013, many organizations have implemented the new framework to comply with the initial December 15, 2014 transition deadline. The 2013 Framework requires management to assess whether 17 principles are present and functioning, which is a change from the previous framework. Further, the 2013 Framework includes points of focus, which are important characteristics of the 17 principles and assist management with determining whether controls are properly present and functioning.
- We are pleased to have the opportunity to provide feedback to the Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) with respect to the Private Company Council (PCC). At Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) we have strong support for the PCC and its efforts to date in improving financial reporting for the users of private company financial statements.
- Previous Next