- Working with Baker Tilly, the city achieved a smooth transition for the comptroller and eliminated a significant staffing void. The efficient collaboration led to a carefully prepared audit with limited adjustments and within budget.
- The AICPA recently issued an update to the Trust Services Principles impacting SOC 2.
- The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) released guidance in October 2013 to national banks and federal savings associations on how to assess and manage risks of third parties. Concerns over how effectively banks are managing risks of their outsourced providers have increased along with their use. This increased use has consisted of both greater numbers of service organizations employed by banks and increased complexity in the services they provide. This, coupled with the fact that service organizations may also be domiciled in foreign countries, has raised concerns within the OCC and the banks themselves.
- COSO’s Internal Control-Integrated Framework makes it easier to design and evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls. The framework is also used by public companies to assess effectiveness of internal control over external financial reporting (ICEFR) under Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) section 404.
- Learn about key implementation considerations for the new pension reporting standards for Wisconsin Retirement System, the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund and/or the Teachers’ Retirement System.
- Previous Next