- Baker Tilly comments on the exposure draft for Proposed Statement on Auditing Standards: Forming an opinion and reporting on financial statements of employee benefit plans subject to ERISA.
- In July 2017, COFAR released an update to the FAQs document of the Uniform Guidance.
- The SEC updated its Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about submitting IFRS financial statements tagged in the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) to regulatory filings. The update provides information about the location of the tags for disclosure rules that are not part of the IFRS taxonomy. Earlier this year, the SEC updated its Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval (EDGAR) filing system to accommodate XBRL exhibits for IFRS financial statements.
- This helpful template of sample disclosures can help your insurance organization determine your disclosures under the new accounting standard.
- The SEC is planning to adopt a rule in the spring of 2018 letting mutual funds provide shareholder reports electronically. The fund industry said the switch will save it $200 million in printing and mailing costs each year that can be passed on to investors.