- In this on-demand webinar, Baker Tilly SOC specialists discuss key topics service organizations and users should consider as they perform their SOC 2® examinations under the new guidance.
- SEC Commissioner Robert Jackson said companies may be better off over the long term if they err on the side of more disclosure rather than less when it comes to reporting attacks on their computer systems. The markets are almost certain to learn of the attacks, and failing to report them to the SEC may leave the company vulnerable to shareholder plaintiffs.
- The Center for Audit Quality (CAQ) published a guide to help audit committees of public companies oversee management’s use of non-GAAP financial measures. The 12-page guide provides issues that audit committees should consider in dealing with management and the external auditor.
- The PCAOB is continuing to work on the standard-setting projects for accounting estimates and the use of specialists. The latest update to the agenda reflects the priorities of William Duhnke, who became PCAOB chairman in January 2018.
- In this Q&A, Baker Tilly specialists share insightful responses to 20 recent questions addressing SOC 1, SOC 2® and SOC for Cybersecurity.