In light of the results of the recent election — and from the number of campaign promises — 2017 should see some fairly significant tax changes since one party will control the executive and legislative branches of government. Preparing for such changes is a different story.
Listen to specialists from our tax services practice provide overviews of potential tax legislation and tax reform, revenue recognition, and state and local tax developments in such areas as nexus, market-based apportionment and combined reporting for income taxes.
The program also discusses
- Key proposals from the president-elect and the House on tax reform, repatriation and the Affordable Care Act
- The new partnership audit regime codified by the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015
- International tax issues affecting state income taxes, sales tax on cloud computing and electronic commerce, and the impact on state taxes of a federal tax reform bill
Baker Tilly presenters
- Jon Skavlem, Firm Director, State and Local Tax
- Paul Dillon, Firm Director, National Tax
- Michelle Hobbs, Senior Manager, National Tax
- Mike Schiavo, Senior Manager, National Tax
- Colin Walsh, Senior Manager, IRS Practice and Procedures
Download the presentation: Year-end business tax planning >
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly tax specialists can help, contact our team.
The information provided here is of a general nature and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any individual or entity. In specific circumstances, the services of a professional should be sought. Tax information, if any, contained in this communication was not intended or written to be used by any person for the purpose of avoiding penalties, nor should such information be construed as an opinion upon which any person may rely. The intended recipients of this communication and any attachments are not subject to any limitation on the disclosure of the tax treatment or tax structure of any transaction or matter that is the subject of this communication and any attachments.