Efficiently navigate the highly competitive multifamily housing environment by planning for success, vying for resources, and maintaining compliance.
For-profit and not-for-profit developers, public housing authorities, state housing credit agencies, syndicators, lenders, and property managers rely on our real estate development and transaction expertise to build and maintain quality affordable, supportive, and senior housing in rural and urban communities throughout the country.
With a broad range of state and federal programs at the center of affordable housing, long-term success in the arena depends on your ability to secure these scarce resources as well as adhere to a host of reporting and regulatory obligations. Our specialists will help you minimize risk and optimize your development opportunities, guiding you from initial project conceptualization to completion by helping you:
- Perform market studies to determine the demand for and feasibility of a multifamily housing development
- Determine the best location for a multifamily project based upon key business drivers and potential credits and incentives available
- Determine financial feasibility of a project, including new construction, acquisition/rehab, and adaptive re-use
- Secure sources of funding and facilitate public-private partnerships
- Tax credit and funding applications
- Structure loan documents and development agreements
- Design and implement construction contract compliance and cost controls
- Meet audit, tax and regulatory requirements
Our engagements are led by practice leaders and team members who are on the cutting edge of new housing programs and have the proven deal experience, technical expertise, and creativity necessary to route the complex interplays among all financial stakeholders.
Funding source experience
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credits
- Tax-exempt bonds
- Federal and local grant programs
- Public Housing Mixed Finance
- New Markets Tax Credit
- Energy tax credits
- Historic tax credits