Wouldn’t it be refreshing to have a conversation with someone who understands your business and can implement solutions that fit the unique needs of your organization?
The pace of change in today’s healthcare market is accelerating. From the constant uncertainty in regulatory mandates, increasing demands to deliver sustainable reductions in medical expenses and higher expectations for consumer-centric services and solutions, to the growing threat of large-scale disruption from InsurTech and inter-industry mergers and acquisitions, health insurance companies need accounting and consulting specialists with deep knowledge and experience in both healthcare and insurance.
Baker Tilly’s specialized professionals combine nimbleness with candid, pragmatic recommendations and technical expertise. Among our health plan clients, we have built a reputation for:
- Delivering solutions and capabilities that exceed expectations for business value
- Collaborating with a flexible and proactive approach
- Demonstrating a commitment to excellence and integrity that consistently surpasses experiences with other firms
- Providing deep industry knowledge as one of the largest health insurance auditors in the U.S.
Our primary areas of practice address the key challenges currently facing our clients:
Financial Health: Tax, audit and risk
To sustainably grow your business, you need a solid base including financial health, compliance with regulations, and clear risk assessment and mitigation strategies. Benefit from our dedicated industry specialized professionals who thoroughly understand your operations, regulations and risks.
- Tax services: federal, state, international, planning
- Accounting and assurance: statutory and GAAP audits, regulatory compliance reviews, corporate governance
- Risk, internal audit and cybersecurity: actuarial, ERM, NAIC Model Audit Rule, SOC reporting, technology risk and cybersecurity
Healthcare risk optimization is all about accuracy, quality and a prospective view of risk and opportunity. We work with our clients to break down barriers between historical care management and risk adjustment functions, while building a strong foundation of data management, analytics and operational processes that will help them persevere and succeed regardless of environmental, regulatory and market changes.
For many of our health plan clients, the shift to fee for value (FFV) is the #1 strategic imperative – yet initiatives to drive towards this objective are led by a variety of potentially disconnected business and clinical organizations. We understand the organizational, data, analytics, and integration (provider, internal, vendor) challenges that face our clients as they work to overhaul their core operations in pursuit of value.
We work with our health plan clients to help them build the right mix of processes and technology to create REAL consumer-centricity. We define the health plan consumer as anyone who is a member today, has been a member in the past, or could be a member in the future. This simple, straightforward point of view helps us push our clients towards building foundational and tactical approaches to engaging consumers.
Wide array of services
Benefit from a wide array of services designed to help you achieve success, including:
- Defining and building operational capabilities (e.g., enrollment, claims processing, compliance filings, integration with government platforms, CRM / member response, etc.) to drive foundational enhancements to support today’s initiatives or quickly respond to new regulatory mandates,
- Defining and building new financial risk sharing models to “bend the cost curve” while supporting quality of care improvements,
- Responding to shifting customer expectations in transparency and access to care, and
- Addressing the need for a more agile workforce.