Baker Tilly’s industry-specific governance services help consumer lenders that have complex and interrelated requirements gain the confidence they need in their origination and servicing processes.
You receive pragmatic advice and insight based on the deep consumer credit experience of our specialists. Manage risk effectively within your processes, enhance your operations with efficiencies, implement industry best practices and make better-informed business decisions.
What you can expect
Industry and service specialization
Count on a team dedicated to your industry and specialized by service. Benefit from service specialists engrossed in the financial services industry – following industry trends, involved in industry associations and organizations and staying abreast of the changes impacting organizations like yours.
Work with a team that has experience in originations and servicing organizations’ operations. Our team has logged more than 200,000 hours since 2012 focused exclusively on consumer lending governance services, including work for the Office of Mortgage Settlement Oversight as one of only five service providers selected to support the National Mortgage Settlement.
Exceptional client satisfaction
Enjoy the experience of working with specialized professionals who are focused on your success. Over the last twelve months, client service satisfaction surveys at Baker Tilly have averaged a score of 9.3 out of a possible 10.
Consumer lending governance services
Laws and regulations assistance
- Interpret applicability of laws and regulations on complex or atypical transactions
- Interpret compliance with laws and regulations on agreed-upon benchmarks
- Evaluate the applicability of specific laws and regulations based on specific business activities and/or initiatives
Policies and procedures
- Assess operational controls and compliance management oversight
- Evaluate compliance with laws and regulations through review of policies and procedures
- Evaluate compliance with laws and regulations through review of transaction level detail
- Evaluate compliance with internal policies and procedures through review of transaction level detail
- Based on a statistical sample, assess origination and/or servicing operations through testing agreed-upon benchmarks
- Define or gain an understanding of a defined test population and evaluate data queries to determine whether resulting data will meet test population criteria
- Analyze large amounts of data using electronic review tools
- Evaluate data integrity based on the details in individual loan files
- Evaluate vendor management policies and procedures
- Review vendor management scorecards and evaluate ability to assess critical vendors
Business continuity planning
- Program initiation and planning
- Risk assessment
- Business impact analysis
- Develop continuity plan
- Training and implementation
- Testing and maintenance.
Depend on the skills, knowledge and exceptional client service of the Baker Tilly financial services team to help you achieve your business goals. For more information on these services and more for your organization, contact our consumer lending governance team.