Now is the time to act if you have not yet analyzed the impact of the OMB Uniform Grant guidance on the administration of your federal awards.
The new rules took effect with federal awards made after December 26, 2014, including additional funding increments to existing awards. Some of the necessary policy changes will take time to research and implement, but may offer streamlined processes and potential cost savings. Mitigate any potential risk to your programs and understand the impact on your budget by assessing the impact of these changes today. Here are some resources and tools to get you started:
- View the full text of the uniform guidance, including technical corrections
- The "Uniform Guidance Crosswalk for Federal Agency Exceptions and Additions" identifies exceptions to uniform guidance by federal agency
- Access the reform document in the federal register
- Frequently Asked Questions for OMB Uniform Guidance
- Archived training webcasts available from AICPA and COFAR
Baker Tilly insights
- COFAR releases updated Uniform Guidance FAQs
- OMB extends Uniform Guidance procurement rules
- Single audit: Understanding auditee and auditor roles
- Uniform Guidance: Top 10 considerations for your next single audit
- Understanding the changes to OMB Uniform Guidance related to subrecipient monitoring
- COFAR issues updated Uniform Guidance FAQs
- Indirect cost changes under OMB Uniform Guidance
- New time and effort reporting requirements under OMB Uniform Guidance
- Understanding procurement changes to OMB Uniform Guidance
- Webinar: OMB Uniform Grant guidance: Developing a successful implementation plan
Learn about the OMB Uniform Grant Guidance, how the consolidation resulted in various areas of change to the previous requirements, and what you can do to get ready.
- OMB Uniform Grant Guidance: Are you ready?
- OMB issues grant reform rules
- OMB grant reform: An overview of the recent changes and tips to help ensure your compliance
- Our federal grant specialists speak at many national events per year including national AICPA events and the GFOA National Conference
Baker Tilly tools
Many organizations receiving federal awards are still assessing the impact the OMB uniform guidance will have on them. With the effective date looming, now is the time to assess the changes necessary to obtain compliance and determine a plan of action. To help you get started, we have developed a checklist of important steps you should take and key items to consider along the way.
Baker Tilly grant reform specialists are here to help. From offering technical assistance along the way to serving as your project manager for implementation, we can tailor services to meet your needs.
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly grat reform specialists can help, contact our team.