As service organizations and service auditors are completing their first series of System and Organization Controls (SOC) examinations under the new SSAE18 standard, we will discuss some of the key lessons learned and common pitfalls experienced on both sides of the examination. Additionally, as the SOC for Cybersecurity examination is now gaining momentum, we will discuss some of the nuances that are unique to this type of examination and report.
Key learning objectives
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe how the SSAE18 standard has impacted service organizations and users for SOC 1 and SOC 2 examinations
- Apply lessons learned to minimize the pain in year two under the SSAE18 standard
- Prepare for a SOC for Cybersecurity examination
Who should attend:
- Service organizations who have a SOC examination performed
- Any organization considering having a SOC for Cybersecurity examination performed
- User organizations who want to understand the impact of the changes on the SOC reports they receive
Meet the presenters:
Jeff Krull, CPA, CISA
Partner – Risk, Internal Audit and Cybersecurity
Andrew Wittig, CPA, CISA
Senior Manager – Risk, Internal Audit and Cybersecurity
Information about CPE eligibility
There are no prerequisites for this webinar, and advance preparation is not required. There is no cost to attend this webinar.
CPE credit: One (1) hour total credit
Field of study: Management advisory services (MAS)
CPE Host: Lindsey Johnson
A certificate of completion will be e-mailed to you four to six weeks after the event.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 608 240 2522.