Throughout the life cycle of a business, owners often think about whether or not they want to sell and, if so, when is the right time. As important, positioning your business to sell can increase the overall potential outcomes in meeting your goals. Private equity firms have continued a strong interest in middle-market manufacturing companies.
In order to position your company in the best light, it's time to think like a potential buyer.
- What do they look for in target companies?
- How can leadership structure and characteristics make a company more attractive?
- What numbers do they care about?
- How do they view the company's growth potential?
This complimentary webinar will reverse engineer the sale of a company from the viewpoint of a private equity firm. Attendees will gain an understanding of how the buyer thinks and analyzes a target company, so that when it does come time to sell, you will know how to position your company for the optimal result.
Attendees will be provided an overview on the following:
- Understand where you are now in the market
- A look into how current leadership can impact a sale
- What private equity firms look for in your overall infrastructure
- How a private equity firm benchmarks and reviews growth potential
- How a private equity firm interprets the market valuation
- Key items in preparing your business to sell
Who should attend?
- Organizations that are planning to sell their business within the next five years
- Organizations that would like to learn more about potentially selling their business
- Organizations with revenues between $10-500 million
Meet the presenters
Bill Chapman, Partner
Mike Milani, Principal
Baker Tilly Capital
Scott Finegan, Managing Director
Pfingsten Partners, LLC
About Baker Tilly Capital
Baker Tilly Capital, LLC is a boutique investment banking firm specializing in merger and acquisition (M&A), capital sourcing, project finance and corporate finance advisory services. Baker Tilly Capital has access to strategic and financial buyers / sellers / capital sources in the U.S. and globally through the Baker Tilly Corporate Finance international network.
Information about CPE eligibility
There are no prerequisites for this seminar, and advance preparation is not required.
Program level: Basic
Type of delivery method: Group-internet-based
Advance preparation: None required
CPE credit: One (1) hour total credit
Fields of study: Management Advisory Services
Host: Michael Wessel
A certificate of completion will be e-mailed to you four to six weeks after the event. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 608 240 2522. Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.