The LeadingAge Illinois annual meeting offers senior living providers a space to view exhibits that display solutions to key issues facing their organizations. In addition to the expo floor, the annual meeting hosts several exceptional networking and educational opportunities. Join Baker Tilly’s healthcare practice team as they lead two of these sessions on Thursday and Friday.
Managing Managed Care
Thursday, April 27
1:30 – 3 p.m
The transition to managed care is challenging. In order to navigate these changes, you as a provider must:
- Know which resident care clinical and rehabilitation services you can provide from a cost and staff work load perspective; -
- Know what you are able to do related to admissions before you negotiate with the managed care companies;
- Understand the costs of the clinical services that you want to deliver;
- Know how to prepare for contract negotiations with third party payers primarily Medicare and Medicaid;
- Closely monitor outcomes and the factors that lead to the outcomes.
In this session presented by Baker Tilly, participants will obtain an understanding of general managed care principles, contract strategy and terms and the financial considerations in a managed care environment.
Meet the presenters:
- Todd Boslau, Partner, Healthcare
- Sophie Campbell, Director, Clinical Advisory Services
- Mark Heroux, Principal, Healthcare
Best Practices to Improve the Bottom-Line; Focus on Operational Assessments
Friday, April 28
8:30 – 10 a.m.
Senior living providers face a myriad of issues and should be focused on continuously improving the results of their operations, both quantitatively and qualitatively. This session will present an in depth discussion around operational assessments (internal or external), as an efficient and effective tool to identify opportunities to enhance organization performance. A comprehensive review of an organization’s operations by either a third party expert in the field or by an internally designated team, is a best practice utilized by many organizations to facilitate the identification of these opportunities.
Meet the presenter:
- Mark Ross, Partner and Firm Leader of Healthcare