Tom Walker is the regional managing partner of offices in Illinois for Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, as well as a managing director with Baker Tilly Capital, LLC, the wholly-owned private investment banking subsidiary of Baker Tilly. He joined Baker Tilly after serving as Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel of a federal savings bank specializing in the marketing, origination, issuance, and sale of credit card assets. Prior to joining the federal savings bank, Tom was a partner with a large Milwaukee-based law firm.
He also is the firm leader of the Private Equity practice. Tom has significant experience in structuring and negotiating transactions across a broad range of industries.
- Assists firm clients in defining and meeting strategic goals.
- Advises firm clients on value creation and retention.
- Counsels clients in connection with acquisitions and divestitures of businesses, divisions, and product lines.
- Structures and negotiates various transactions between clients and third parties.
- Analyzes and evaluates risk and opportunities for clients with respect to pending or contemplated transactions.
- Conducts high level due diligence.
- Oversees general tax planning with respect to transactions.
- Big Shoulders Fund
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
- Economic Club of Chicago
- State of Illinois Certified Public Accountant
- Admitted, United States Tax Court
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) – Series 7 and 66 securities licenses
Marquette University – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
University of Wisconsin – Madison, Wisconsin
Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude