Robert Sprague is a partner in Baker Tilly’s national forensic, litigation and valuation services group. His practice encompasses a wide spectrum of financial consulting matters spanning multiple industries and client types. Bob works closely with corporate stakeholders, in-house and outside counsel on forensic and fraud investigations with a particular emphasis on SEC enforcement matters and fraudulent financial statements. His experience also includes litigation and audit support and proactive compliance-related work, such as anti-corruption assessments, on behalf of public and private companies.
Prior to joining the firm in 2016, Bob spent nearly 20 years at an international accounting firm and also worked in the enforcement division of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission where he investigated potential securities laws violations.
- Assists and advises clients with corporate internal investigations related to financial statement and disclosure fraud, investigations of potential FCPA and other corruption violations, investigations of employee asset misappropriations, commercial and class action litigation involving accounting and disclosure issues, accounting malpractice litigation and post-acquisition purchase price and contingent consideration disputes
- Provides corporate compliance program assessments and recommends enhancements for compliance with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-corruption regulations
- Consults on audit engagements with respect to potential fraud matters, internal controls review and testing, mergers and acquisitions, multinational consolidation, revenue recognition policies, SEC reporting issues and stock compensation issues
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Illinois Certified Public Accountants Society
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Lectures and presents nationally on an array of fraud and forensic accounting topics
- Taught three courses for Northeastern University College of Professional Studies’ forensic accounting graduate certificate program
- Frequently speaks at local area colleges and universities on financial statement fraud and forensic accounting
- Designed and taught multiple courses on financial statement fraud to audit professionals
Northeastern University Graduate School of Professional Accounting
MBA and MSA
Bachelor of Arts in economics