Mary Clare Miske, Partner in the Financial Services Group, has been with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP since 2004. Mary Clare has provided tax services to financial institutions within the public accounting field and private industry since 1990, and has a wealth of experience in providing strategic tax solutions to clients as well as client relationship and engagement management. Prior to joining Baker Tilly, Mary Clare was a senior manager in the financial institutions group at a national public accounting firm and more recently served as the vice president-tax for a $3.5 billion bank holding company.
- Develops, presents, and implements federal and multi-state tax planning strategies.
- Experienced in merger and acquisition due diligence and planning.
- Experienced in representing clients before federal and state tax authorities.
- Proficient with providing services related to ASC 740, "Income Taxes," formerly FASB Statement No. 109, "Accounting for Income Tax," and FASB Interpretation No. 48, "Accounting for Uncertainty in Income Taxes."
- Experienced in providing services related to income tax returns, state annual reports, and franchise tax reports.
- Clients have included: Baylake Corp.; Centre 1 Bancorp, Inc.; CIB Marine Bancshares, Inc.; The Equitable Bank, SSB; Flagstar Bancorp; and Waterstone Financial, Inc.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Financial Managers Society - Wisconsin Chapter
- Wisconsin Bankers Association
- Community Bankers of Wisconsin
St. Norbert College
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
Master of Science in Taxation