John Rossi, Partner in the Public Sector Practice Group of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, has worked in the accounting profession since 1975. He has extensive experience in providing auditing and accounting services to public school districts, governments, and small businesses. He also consults in areas such as budgeting, risk management, cost analysis, financing, employee benefits, and “best practices.” John guides his clients in the financial analysis and decision projection process that empowers them for future decision making.
- Leads the Chicago region school team within the Public Sector Practice.
- Reviews procedures and job responsibilities within business offices to improve efficiency and reporting.
- Analyzes operating costs against benchmarking statistics to determine possible areas for improvement.
- Develops internal financial reports, reflecting unique interests of users.
- Assists clients in budgeting, cost control, and revenue decisions.
- Reviews client policies relative to documentation and administration of employee welfare plans, including compliance with COBRA.
- Works with more than 40 school districts to successfully implement requirements for accounting and financial reporting.
- Reviews compliance and provides guidance for Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports for receipt of the Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting Award.
- Illinois Association of School Business Officials
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- Speaks on a variety of topics, including financial reporting, internal controls, and operating procedures.
University of Notre Dame – Notre Dame, IN
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting