John serves as the New York leader for Baker Tilly’s financial services practice where he represents alternative investment funds and their managers as well as broker- dealers and advisory firms. He also serves as a member of the firm’s Board of Partners where his responsibilities include setting overall strategy for the firm as well as management oversight.
John has over 30 years of diversified public accounting experience advising clients in many areas including U.S. GAAP reporting, SEC requirements and general business advisory matters. His industry specialties include investment managers and alternative investment funds, real estate and financing.
- Oversees financial services industry strategy and business development in New York, one of the firm’s primary U.S. markets
- Extensive experience working with the registered investment advisors (RIAs), investment vehicles including fund of funds, public and private funds, alternative asset funds, investment management companies and regulated broker-dealers
- Over 30 years of diversified public accounting experience, advising companies in many areas including U.S. GAAP reporting, SEC requirements and general business advisory matters
- Represents both public and privately held companies and well-versed in many industry sectors, including real estate, technology, software development and sales, service companies and equipment leasing
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Managed Funds Association (MFA)
- Risk Management Association (RMA)
- Hedge Fund Association (HFA)
- Management Committee, New York Hedge Fund Roundtable (HFR)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- SEC Practice Committee, NYSSCPA
- Instructor, Becker CPA review course
- Lecturer, numerous AICPA and NYSSCPA sponsored events
- Board of Directors, POPPA, Inc.
Bachelor of Science, Accounting