Frank Walker, partner, has been with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP since 2005. Frank is a practice leader of the financial advisory services practice where he leads professionals skilled in providing business valuations, CFO advisory services, transaction services, and forensic accounting services. He has more than twenty years of public accounting and private industry experience in a variety of industries including government contracting, business services and outsourcing, technology, software, healthcare, real estate, construction, and private equity.
Frank started his career at an international accounting firm working in the audit and tax practices, and also served as chief financial officer for two high-growth businesses that he led through turnaround, growth, financing, acquisitions, and eventual successful exits for shareholders.
- Assists with business valuation services for tax planning, fair value financial reporting, strategic business planning, and litigation
- Provides CFO advisory, enterprise finance and accounting support services, audit readiness, and performance improvement services
- Provides transaction support, including financial and tax due diligence, seller preparation assistance, integration support, structuring and negotiation in connection with mergers and acquisitions, significant financing events and special situations
- Assists with litigation support services, providing forensic accounting and valuation analysis in context of corporate disputes, M&A transaction disputes, contract disputes, and economic damages claims
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Former Board Member, Audit and Finance Committee, Tech Council of Maryland
- Frank is a frequent speaker on the topic of corporate growth, financing, acquisitions and accounting topics at venues such as the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, the Association for Corporate Growth and the Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Contributing author to “Essays on Governance: 36 Critical Essays to Drive Shareholder Value and Business Growth,” by Andrew J. Sherman, Copyright 2012, Advantage Media Group. Chapter 21, Corporate Boards and Understanding the CFO, by Frank J. Walker
The Catholic University of America – Washington, DC
Bachelor of Arts in Accounting