Dave Capitano provides services in financial statement audit, tax, internal audit, and strategic consulting areas such as risk management, research compliance, construction, sustainable energy, cost reduction, fraud prevention, information technology, endowment management, government compliance, and operations analysis. He brings more than twenty years of public accounting experience to a variety of clients with a focus on colleges and universities.
- Overall Engagement Partner for the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, which required the coordination of over 7,000 staffing hours to deliver the consolidated financial statements for over 14 universities.
- Partner-in-charge or relationship partner of many private and community colleges and universities
- Conducted an operational review and evaluation of the budgeting and business processes for Harvard Law School. Consulted with department leads and shared our findings in regards to how they could improve their communication protocols, align their work-flow processes with their overall end-objectives and goals, and improve their suggested departmental reorganization plan. Advised the departments on how to implement a system which would effectively and efficiently manage the school’s overall budgeting capabilities
- Worked with management teams of private and proprietary schools to develop corrective actions related to the Department of Education’s financial responsibility standards when a composite score falls to the “Zone” or “Fail” level.
- Supported management with the facilitation and preparation of formalized strategic plans needed to guide an organization to financial and operational improvements.
- Accounting and audit expertise sought out by national and local media outlets and publications, including USA Today, AICPA Insights, Compliance Week, Central Penn Business Journal, Pennsylvania CPA Magazine, and Reading Eagle
- Regularly participates in speaking opportunities and presentations on various industry topics for Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania, Eastern Association of College and University Business Officers, Community College Business Officers, and other related associations.
- Accounting experience at international CPA firm
- Licensed CPA in Pennsylvania and West Virginia
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- Eastern Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania
- Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce, Board
- Greater Reading Economic Partnership, Board
- Team PA Foundation, Board
- Vision Resource Center Berks County, 85th anniversary campaign, Chair
- Graduate of Leadership Wilkes-Barre
- Graduate of Executive Leadership Wilkes-Barre
- Graduate of Leadership Pittsburgh
- Board member and supporter of Lucerne County Head Start
- Board member Pittston YMCA
- Board member Pittsburgh YMCA
- Board member United Way of North East PA
- King’s College President’s Council
Bachelor of Science
Harvard Business School
Executive Leadership Program