As the role of government board members becomes increasingly complex, our industry specialists are here to provide the resources you need to improve governance.
As a state and local government board member, your role is evolving. Expectations and accountability are higher than they have ever been and substantial knowledge is required to perform your duties effectively. To help you navigate the changes and increased responsibilities of your role, Baker Tilly professionals have developed a series of insights to keep you up-to-date on the issues. Leveraging deep industry knowledge, these insights provide guidance for key concerns that board members face every day, allowing for informed decision-making.
Better understand the financial workings of your government by listening to these short, on-demand podcasts:
- Understanding utility finances
- Are you ready for the changes? The new FLSA overtime exemption rule is here
- Benefits of a fraud risk assessment
- Understanding your government’s fraud risk
- Government financial statements 101
- Financial ratios and benchmarks
- Fund balance and other financial policies
Gain insight into the following topics important to State and Local Government board members by reading these short articles:
- Securitization of deposits and investments
- Five easy internal controls your government should implement
- Fund balance levels: What works for your government?
- The importance of smart spending cuts
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly board governance specialists can help, contact our team.